CPR Level A
Three levels of CPR training – A, C and HCP – are designed to meet the needs of both the public and professional rescuers like lifeguards. Learn CPR skills and the signs, symptoms and care of choking, non-breathing and pulseless victims. CPR courses teach the risk factors associated with heart disease and how to prevent them or reduce their effects. All Lifesaving Society CPR training is consistent with standards established by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
CPR-A(Adult) teaches how to do CPR and choking procedures for adults and includes the importance of early defibrillation and how to use an AED
Ideal Candidate(s): Anyone who requires a government approved first aid certificate
Certification Currency: 2 years from the date of certification
Recertification: Attend a CPR Re-certification course within the two (2) year currency period
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate one-rescuer adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation on a manikin and how to use an AED.
- Demonstrate two-rescuer adult, child and infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation on a manikin and how to use an AED.
- Simulate the treatment of:
- conscious adult with an obstructed airway
- complications: a pregnant woman and/or person who is obese